Sunday, March 9, 2014

Silhouettes - LXII - Badass Women

If you've been following this series for a while, you know I make silhouettes from public domain images I find, and that some things are quite hard to find good examples of.  I've been searching for images of warrior women for a long time.  Today I am happy to present you with what I think are some decent example of just that.  For your maps, handouts, and rulebooks, badass women adventurers:

First, a fighter or rogue, or maybe even a kensai or ronin, :
Next an archer.  I personally wouldn't go into a dungeon topless, but she looks pretty confident so I'll let her decide:

A big woman with a club.  Maybe she's a bouncer:
I think this could be a martial artist.  She looks ready to bust out some savate:

Finally, a mage invoking some devastation:
Okay, the last one doesn't look too threatening, just imagine her spell stripping your skin off or something.  I'll keep looking for images of women in traditional medieval armor or from warrior societies, but these are the best I have so far.  I hope you find them useful.

You can use these images in any way you wish and they have all been added as vector graphics to the zip file linked in my sidebar to the right.

p.s. I gathered all the npc portraits together with every intention of making them all available, when I realized the zip was over 40 megs which is too much.  I'll have to go through and resize them all I'm afraid.

3 comments:

  1. These are pretty cool (and the earlier ones, too...I've just spent some time flipping through your silhouette posts). Are all these images public domain and useable for publication?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and yep, all public domain. Get the most recent selection from the link in the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful web site. A lot of useful info here.
    I am sending it to some friends ans additionally sharing
    in delicious. And naturally, thank you to your sweat!

    ReplyDelete